Have you tried using Lightroom and just given up because it’s so difficult to use? Lightroom is a powerful tool used by almost all serious photographers. Learn to use this program and take your photography to the next level!
This five week Lightroom Class will cover everything you need to know in order to use Lightroom effectively. We will be using Lightroom Classic during the class but much of the material can be translated to different versions of Lightroom.
There will be a Homework Assignment after each class to help you apply what is being taught in the classroom. In addition, there will be a private Facebook Group for students to post their work and receive feedback if requested.
This will be a very practical class and will be useful for the person just learning Lightroom as well as the photograper who has been using Lightroom for some time.
Please Note: Our last class filled up and had a waiting list. Don’t wait to register.
Week 1: February 27 | Overview and Library Module
– Overview of Lightroom
– Overview of the Lightroom Panels
– How to import photos
– How to manage files inside of Lightroom
– How to use Collections and Collection Sets
– Using Metadata and Key Words
Week 2: March 6 | Develop Module Part 1
– How to use the Histogram
– The use of Color Profiles
– White Balance
– Toning your photograph – Exposure, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Clarity, Dehaze, Vibrance & Saturation
– Sharpening and Noise Reduction
– Lens Correction
– Transform Tool
– Post Crop Vignetting
Week 3: March 13 | Develop Module Part 2
– Spot Removal Tool
– Red Eye Correction
– Graduated Filter
– Radial Filter
– Adjustment Brush
– Using Presets
– History Panel
– Editing and Toning Shortcuts
Week 4: March 20 | Slideshow & Print Modules
– Select photos for Slideshow
– Slideshow Mode
– Adding Music
– Create Saved Slideshow
– Print Templates
– Page Set Up
– Layout Style and Image Settings
– Print Sharpening
– Setting up Print Profiles
Week 5: March 27 | Work Flow from Beginning to End
– Workflow Refinement and Photo Editing
– Advanced Tips and Tricks
If you have not yet purchased Lightroom, we recommend the Adobe Photography Plan (20GB). This is a $9.99 monthly subscription that includes both Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC. You can compare plans and subscribe here.
To get the most out of this class, we recommend you do the following before the first meeting:
– Purchase a version of Lightroom and have it installed.
– Open Lightroom on your computer and famaliarize yourself with the different Modules and Panels.
– Bring your laptop with Lightroom installed to class. This is optional but would be helpful. You will not be able to experiement and use Lightroom during class but having the program in front of you would be helpful.
– Complete your weekly Homework Assignments.
You Instructor – Kim Pagel
Kim Pagel is the Marketing Manager at Photo Pro and owner of Kim Pagel Photography. Kim has been using Lightroom for over ten years and has extensive experience with the program. He has over 100,000 photos in his Lightroom Library!